Wednesday, September 23, 2015

App a Day 6: OneTable with Parse

https://github.com/victorman/OneTableAndroid/tree/parse



Classes Used: Parse, ParseObject, ParseQueryAdapter, AlertDialog, ListView

Identical to the app I made on day 1 except with a parse back end instead of a SQLiteDatabase. I was a little frustrated by things at times especially because a friend was singing it's praises, how it was so easy to use, painless to set up, etc.. It wasn't. First I was impeded by gradle problems and then a not so intuitive local data store. I could only EITHER get it to work in local data or remote. So I chose remote, Eventually deciding what was required to have both simultaneously was an unnecessary extra complex problem.

This tutorial should get anyone wanting to do the same on the right track

No comments:

Post a Comment